Generic Name : Betamethasone Topical
TradeName : Dipnate, Diprovate G, Diprovate-MF, Lupiderm-G, Topicasone, Valbet Scalp
Why it is prescribed (Indications) : Detamethasone is used to treat the itching, redness, dryness, scaling, inflammation, and discomfort of various skin conditions, including skin problems caused by allergies.
When it is to be taken : Betamethasone is applied one to four times a day. Follow the instructions on your prescription label carefully.
How it should be taken :
1. Betamethasone comes in the form of ointment, cream, gel, lotion, and aerosol spray.
2. They come in various strengths for use on the skin.
3. The aerosol and lotion should be shaken thoroughly before each use.
4. Wash the a
Special Instruction :
1. Use betamethasone exactly as prescribed.
2. Do not apply it to other areas of your body or wrap or bandage
the treated area unless directed to do so by your doctor.
3. Do not use it for a longer time than as directed by your doctor.
4. Do not apply it more frequently than as stated on the prescription label.
5. If you are using this medication on a child's diaper area, do not place tightly fitting diapers or plastic pants on the child. They can increase the absorption of betamethasone through the skin, which can decrease growth.
6. Do not apply cosmetics, lotions, or other skin preparations to the treated area without consulting your doctor.
7. If your skind problem continues or worsens or if the treated area gets infected or oozes pus, contact your doctor.
Side Effects :
Drying, cracking, or tightening of skin, acne, skin sores, itching, burning, stinging, irritation, increased hair growth, change in skin color and skin infection
can rarely occur. Contact your doctor.
Other Precautions :
1. If you have an infection, tell your doctor before using this medication.
2. Pregnant women should inform their doctor before using betamethasone.
3. Discard any unused medication after your treatment course is completed.
4. Do not use it to treat other skin problems.
5. Do not allow anyone else to use this medication, especially children.
6.Children are more sensitive to this drug than are adults.
Storage Conditions :
Keep this medication out of the reach of children. Store it according to package instructions.